Monday, June 29, 2009

A Big Push


Sometimes I need a really big push to get moving on things even when they're the things I want to be doing and the things I need to be doing.  Getting layed-off is as big a push as I'm probably going to get in terms of getting my career business taken care of (and now I'm also under the gun trying to find an apartment before september).  

Push away!

1.  I have been working out in McCarren Park and looking for monologues at the Performing Arts library at Lincoln Center.  

2.  I've been running lines for Fight Girl on my iPod.  

3.  I've been reading up on arts philosophy and taking meetings with friends on long-distance-relationship-philosophy (After an incredible dinner with Kelli and Caroline last night making food for hours, our sink pipe finally corroded and sprung a leak this morning, dousing Kate's feet).  

4.  I've been taking care of business with Unemployment to ensure I get a good-sized check every week (Four simultaneous jobs in Q1 of 2009 = Hey-O!).   

5.  I've been getting tips from friends on how to maximize the audition experience on both ends and, of course, going on auditions.  

6.  I am updating my blog.

For a long time I think the comfort and flexibility of my day job was good, but the time to step it up career-wise came and went and I was a little too complacent in that setting to make a move.  But now the job exists no more and I am free to kick ass again.  Soul Samurai was a huge boost for me and now another door has opened with this remount of Fight Girl and I have a chance to bring the pain once more.  I am going through the door this time.  

No comments: