Thursday, October 30, 2008

Election Benediction

The blog Daily Kos, known far and wide as one of the best sources for progressive political thought and action, has just featured the writing of a rising star in the literary world.  

Her name is Susan Markman.  She is my mother.  I am incredibly proud of her and her achievement tonight.  Her piece expresses the breathlessness that stirs in people when presented with profound possiblity.  I've been talking a lot to people about searching out plays and art that deal in human truths.  Well, here it is.

You can read her poem Election Benediction here.   

I'll post the entire text on its own tomorrow.  For now, just checking it out on Daily Kos is worth it.  The site is famous and seeing her work there sent Kate and I into fits of starry-eyed adoration.  Not for the first time.  

Enjoy.   

No comments: