Wednesday, August 20, 2008

SWAT Team


I wrote a post about my love/hate relationship with TV work that I have now erased because it was, upon reflection, too bilious.  Kate tells me that unless I change my attitude about money (it's the root of all evil) I will subconsciously avoid having it and do things to prevent it from entering my life.  By extension, my hard feelings about the sitting around on commercial sets and the impersonal nature of the work and the feeling like an automaton and the lack of dignity can easily influence (subconsciously, according to her and some unnamed theorists) my actions, and can prevent me from actually being successful in the work itself.  One, so that I avoid having money, and two, so that I avoid the drudgery that most of that work consists of.  

This state of affairs cannot be; so I am turning it all around.  I am going to try to open my heart to the idea of being a rich fart who actually does some good with the money he makes in this world and consider the drudgery as a part of the whole process.  Because, as the man said, baby needs a new pair of shoes.

No comments: