Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Taxes and First Rehearsal

It's very late and I'm trying to get all of my deductions entered onto my tax forms for my "show up early and see what happens" yearly adventure to the Equity building and their VITA program.  This is always, always a pain in the ass because all my receipts are on tiny slips of paper shoved in a plastic bag.  I waited too long to get a bona fide appointment (again) for the free tax preparation, so now, as last year, I must venture out hours early to get onto the waitlist and see if they can fit me in before rehearsal starts at 3pm.  It's a great program, they have 8 appointments a day, and in between those scheduled appointments they take on stragglers like myself from the waitlist.  Maybe 15 are seen per day.  Ugh.

While I try and do this I will procrastinate by giving an update on Rescue Me.  We had a very warm and friendly first read-through.   The script is funny and open to a lot of collaborative contribution from the actors and the design team.  Something made clear from the beginning was that the process will be very organic and tailored to what everyone is bringing into the rehearsal room.  We're going to organically find out what we have over the course of the next few weeks and that, for me, is always a very exciting place to be.

There are a lot of music, dance, and multimedia elements built in, too.  Can't wait to see how we can play with those before tech.

No comments: